Thursday 27 December 2007

Follow The Light

John 3:19-20 --> 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

I see a similar message in the lights of Christmas. The flame of every candle and the brilliance of every twinkling bulb remind me that warning and welcome are at the heart of Jesus' coming to this world. Just like lighthouses have been built around the world to warn sailors of dangerous rocks and reefs and let them know that a safe harbor is near. It's their dual message of danger and safety. The great danger of our lives is that we will be aware of Jesus Christ as the light of the world, yet choose to live in the shadows so we can do as we please. In contrast, our grand opportunity is to walk a path made bright by the presence of the Savior: "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. (v.21)" Jesus affirmed His identity when He said: "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 8:12)"

At Christmas, God warns us of the dangers of darkness, and calls us to follow the light -- JESUS -- into the safe harbor of His presence and love. May you all, my dear friends have a truly meaningful and blessed Christmas!! May you have your dearly loved ones around you during this Christmas season.

Thank you, for coming back just on time, to invite Christmas with me. it was in my wildest dreams to have you by my side once again. whatever our future holds, i will never forget our greatest moments in 2007. thank you for everything. i sincerely thank God for, you. and thank you guys, for the lovely presents, most of them are on my personal wish list!! so thank you all very much!! all i can give you guys in return, is my hugs and loves. hehe. can you feel my love?? and i thank God for my dearly loved ones around with me too. you all are the reason for me to just be myself. hehe. hope you guys had a great Christmas and enjoy this few days we have left in 2007!! hugs hugs!!! (^__^)

No comments: