Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Least Of Them

Hey guys, sorry it has been a while for those of you that keep up. things have been pretty busy here at college lately. However, I am back. :)

Just wanna share a little incident that happened the day before yesterday, when I was on my way back to Kajang with my friends. we saw a blind man stopped along the road after we passed the KTM station. we thought he was trying to cross the road to the other side, so we decided to pull over and help. then we found out he was trying to find a restaurant to have his dinner and to our surprise, he had no money to buy dinner. so we offered him a ride to the chinese restaurant nearby, and bought an old Christian book from him, so that he can pay for his dinner. when we got there, we bought him dinner as well. I was kinda reluctant to leave him there, cuz I was worried how he was going to get back to the KTM Station. but he said he will get someone else to help him, as he didn't want to make us wait. and he thanked us many times and said goodbye. in the end, we left after he settled down.

Bible says, "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing." the reason I share with you this incident, is not to annouce the good deed we have done. but during the encounter with he blind man, I was reminded of what Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." when we left him at the restaurant, I believe and have faith that, there will be someone else like us, who will help him too. so, what would you do for the least of them?

前天,跟Lynn和珊从MV回加影,经过火车站时,看见前方有个盲人站在马路旁,我很自然的慢慢踩刹车,然后停在马路正中央。我们派珊下去尽快协助他过马路,才发现原来他是想去吃晚餐。想想那里距离美食堂有一段路,而且他有不便,我们决定载他一程。他一上车不停地感谢我们,也说他其实没有钱吃晚餐,所以我们跟他买了一本旧书来换他的饭钱。也许有的人会觉得他在敲诈我们,可是有些时候,你就是会知道一个人是否在欺骗你。当然,我们仨相信他。到了美食堂,待他坐好后,Lynn帮他点餐,最后也帮他付了晚餐的钱。我们问他,待会怎样回去火车站时,他却说会找别人帮忙,不想麻烦我们等他。安顿他以后,我们也道别了。那时,我有点不忍心就这样走的,可是想一想,一定会有人像我们一样帮他的,我坚信。如果当时你也在场,那个人会不会是你呢?

2 comments:

Bryant said...

hey there, what a story. I can recall hundreds of time thinking I should stop, but that's as far as I got. "its the thought that counts..." well Christ calls us to more than just thinking about being salt and light. Good motivation for going out of your way. you take good care of urself alright? thinking of you. =)

eVonne said...

hehe yupe. let's make it count the nex time round when we encounter it ya. hehe. u take care man. thinkin of u too. :)